Tuesday 25 March 2014

My skill in doing exactly what is not required

I THINK THIS POST HAS BEEN WRITTEN WITH SOME FEELINGS OF DESPAIR

I am currently attending a writing course. So far, I seem to be able to do exactly what is NOT required. In fact I would say I am skilled at doing this.

For this interview I was chastised for not using quotes. 
What and idiot! 
Of course I should have used quotes. 
OK Fairy-snuff. I'll accept that as a valid criticism.
I didn't ask the interviewee's surname.
Another valid criticism. 
Of the other more damning criticism of being "too scientific", I should have used quotes because all the scientific references were from my interviewee himself. 
I do feel that  my BSc Biological Science degree is being held as a very large and hugely negative aspect of my life experiences probably because I can't quote the same 'arty' or 'leftie' writers as those also on the course. I did find a suitable quote completely by accident for Week Three and that was appreciated, even though I felt a fraud because I'd never heard of him or his writing until an accidental 'Google' brought it up and I decided to use it as I knew a bit of "arty-farty" would go down well.  
But anyway, I persevere mostly because I've paid for it and because if I do hope to learn something.

*********************************************

As a PS I'd like to add I got the prize at the end of the course for being the student who had shown the most improvement during the course. So to use completely inappropriate language for a writer. I'm going to simply said

"I feel well Dench"


No comments:

Post a Comment